Re: COLD!

To: sdtilton@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: COLD!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:06:06 EST
In a message dated 3/5/2002 8:26:07 AM EST, sdtilton@yahoo.com writes:

<< Made me wish for heated seats in the TR6.

 Wouldn't that be nifty!
 Not just on the brutally cold mornings, but on the fall foliage tours. >>

Scott,

If you have a later model TR6 with the wiring harness that includes a
connector for the under-the-seat seat belt warning switch (plastic pancake
button under the butt cushion), you've already got a ready made loop for
power delivery with a little wiring change.

If you know someone that has a full factory service manual from a vehicle
with a seat warmer, with a little research I bet that you could find a
solution (and part numbers) and make it happen.

I was always a bit skeptical of these options until I jumped into a friend's
Cadillac on a very cold day in New England and within a minute or so I was
downright toasty:)

Good luck

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration nearing
completion
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - resting for the winter