Re: Beadblast Setup

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beadblast Setup
From: Todd Richmond <twr@fc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:32:46 -0700
List,

Sorry to re-hash old threads, but I have been off-line for a while.  I have
been receiving all the posts, but couldn't send any posts myself because of a
server changeover here at work.  Anyway, wanted to ask this question earlier:

> > A two stage 3-5 Hp vertical tank compressor (Ingersol, I think) from Home
> > Depot is around 8-900 bucks ISTR.
>
> Someone posted not too long ago (perhaps on another list) that HD was no
> longer carrying the Ingersol-Rand compressors (which IMO are very high
> quality).  I checked a few weeks back, and my local store now only has CH
> junk and their own 'Husky' house brand.

I agree that the CH stuff is junk, but is there any consensus on the quality of
the Husky brand air compressors.  I've thinking of buying their 60 gallon
compressor as an upgrade.  BTW, our HD here in Fort Collins is still selling
the Ingersol 80 gal. compressors @ $900 a pop.  Is an 80 gal. Ingersol really
better than two Husky 60 gal. compressors (they sell for $400).

Todd Richmond
1959 TR3A TS54425