Wire wheels

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire wheels
From: Todd Richmond <twr@fc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:12:45 -0700
Listers,

I've read in Piggott's book and other places that 48-spoke wheels are "barely
adequate" and may be unsafe.  My TR3A came with a set of 6 48-spoke wheels.
Should I be worried about using them when my resto is finished?  I really like
the wire wheel look, and I would rather not put out hundreds of dollars for a
few more spokes per wheel.  Any consensus on the safety of 48-spoke wheels, or
the lack thereof?

I also have a set of 6 steel wheels which I could use for any rallys/races/etc.
if it came to that.  I was going to sell them, but perhaps I should keep them?

Thanks,

Todd Richmond
1959 TR3A TS54425