OFF TOPIC and politically incorrect too (was: trip in TR?)

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OFF TOPIC and politically incorrect too (was: trip in TR?)
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 13:44:52 -0500
"Jack W. Drews" wrote:

> Joe Alexander and I are leaving next Wednesday from northern
> Illinois to go to the Sebring 12 Hour. Probably about a 3000
> mile trip, two retired guys, trying to hold down the cost so
> we're taking a tent

Just be careful where you set it up.

A few years ago my esteemed employer sent a bunch of us engineers to
Singapore to give talks to Asian sales types.  A colleague and I
decided to take some vaca and travel around.  To minimize the eventual
Visa bill, he & I doubled up on hotel rooms.  First stop: Thailand.
Ah, Thailand, a beautiful country, but with no shortage of westerners
trying to get away from....

So the day before the flight out of Bangkok, I came back to the hotel
room to find an early check-out invoice some clerk had shoved under
the door.

It was addressed to: "Mr. and Mr. Frank"

Ahem.  But ya know looking back on it, none of the staff ever gave me
a strange look...?

--
Douglas Frank    Compaq Computer Corp.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,