Re: honesty

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: honesty
From: Todd Richmond <twr@fc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 11:34:39 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, british <british-cars@autox.team.net>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Fred,

>  Am I off base here or not, again I am not a stranger to this person.
> "FT"

First of all, I know from experience that having someone doubt my honesty is
one of the most offensive (and aggravating) things someone can do to me.  For
whatever reason, I've always tried to be scrupulously honest person, and when
someone calls my integrity into question, it really roils me.  After all, my
integrity in a large measure defines who I am, and I feel like if I didn't have
real integrity, then I would be less than a whole person.  Others may think
that rather extreme, but that is how I feel about it.  So, I think I know a
little something about how you might be feeling.  And especially to you, as
someone who regularly bends over backwards to help others out, this kind of
treatment is offensive.

On the other hand, as others have pointed out, it just doesn't pay to hold on
to a grudge.  Life is way too short to waste time and energy on people with
small minds.  Just give yourself a personal powder-coat, and don't let this guy
get through your protective coating.  Be grateful that God has given you a
better disposition than this guy, and forget about it.  Nothing can substitute
for peace of mind.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Todd Richmond
Fort Collins, CO
1959 TR3A TS54425

(P.S. -- Fred, as per our earlier e-mails, it's okay to doubt my *sanity*, just
not my honesty! <g>)