Message from Internet

To: "STEVE ROHAL" <SROHAL@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Message from Internet
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 10:36:10 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "STEVE ROHAL"
>Am installing a soft top on my TR6. Are there supposed to be exposed studs
(male parts)on the rear edge of the top on the outside? Are these for the
soft
top cover to attach to?
your help is appreciated.
<

Steve,

If you are talking about studs protruding from the sheetmetal in four or
five locations to secure the plate to which the rear edge of the top is
attached, these are weld nuts and the "studs" are broken off bolts.

The top itself is attached a steel strap which itself is bolted to the car
via the four or five neld nuts I mentioned above.  This remains attached to
the car at all times.  On the top of the top are snaps for attaching the
tonneau.

Dave