Thing not to do :-)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thing not to do :-)
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 16:27:25 -0500
Hi all, this is one of those things that I should of realized before doing
it.

I had filled the steering column on the TR3a with oil about 2 weeks ago, no
problem, no leaks.

Well, last night I attempted to install the control head and the wiring
associated with it. I tried at first to simply insert the wire and it got
stuck. So thinking that some dirt is in the stator tube undo the nut on the
steering box and pull it out via the passenger compartment. Clean it up and
still having problems getting the wires in (help?). I go around the front of
the car and notice a oil puddle, you guessed it, all of the oil in the box
and column are now on the floor and still no wires in the tube.

The lesson here, make sure there are no fluifs before removing items. :-)

David Templeton
'59 TR3a - with a mess to clean up.