RE: Thing not to do :-)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thing not to do :-)
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:55:52 -0800
Another approach is to use steel 'handy wire' (aka baling wire).  It's stiff
enough to poke through the stator tube, then you can wrap it around the end
of the turn signal wires and pull them through with the baling wire.  A turn
of electrical tape to protect the end of the cloth might be a good idea.

If it's any consolation, a few weeks ago I hoisted a used gearbox up on the
bench and started disassembling it.  When I upended it to tap out the input
shaft, I discovered it was still full of ancient gear oil ...

Randall