RE: RUST Removal-Electrolysis

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RUST Removal-Electrolysis
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:32:28 -0800
For those who would like to cut direct to the article, without the
advertising, try
http://users.interconnect.net/nlindsey/rusty2l/electrolysis/electrolysis.htm

Interesting article.  I've already fired an email to my Dad the chemist, to
ask how the chemistry works.  Note that the item being derusted does not
have to be fully immersed, the author even talks about doing handsaw blades
with a flat anode and paper towel soaked with electrolyte.  I'm also not
clear on why the container has to be non-conductive, seems to me the process
would work just fine as long as the anode is suitably isolated from the
container.

Randall