Decision point

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Decision point
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 22:15:53 -0500
5 years into my TR3a project, and here's the status - frame strengthened
and painted, front suspension and steering geometry done and back on the
frame, rear axle done and back on frame, engine rebuilt and still on engine
stand. Body in air hovering over frame.
Today I checked the non-OD tranny and it needs work. I am eager to bolt
tranny to engine, put the pair back onto the frame, and then lower the body
down to get on with the bodywork.
I really want to get this car finished and on the road.
Dilemma: If I am to spend time and $ on a transmission, would I not be as
well off to spend time and $ on either an OD Triumph version or a Toyota
5-speed with conversion kit? I expect to go on long trips with this car.
The car is TS81417, tranny is TS81119.

I want 5 forward speeds, I presently don't have much money, I am torn on
the originality thing in case I ever want to enter vintage rallies (will I
really?), and I want to move forward. And to show I'm really a sucker for
punishment, I am asking for input from the list.
Please advise!
Thanks,
Jim Wallace