Re: GT 6 Mk 1

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT 6 Mk 1
From: "Larry Stein" <larry@ehc.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:13:57 -0700
>Pretty rare car in South Africa
>When the owner phoned me and said he wanted to sell it ,
>I was led to believe it was now complete , 100 % original ,
>running very well and 99 % restored .
>Not entirely correct me thinks !

if it was as you thought,  then you would have been willing to pay top
dollar - considering it's a pretty rare car ?  you don't say how much
the seller is asking for the car.  i think the car you describe, in the
u.s.a. would sell for under $2,000 (depending on body condition), but
the car you thought you were going to see would cost over $5,000 and
perhaps upward toward $10,000 ?  any gt6 that is reasonably complete as
this one to me is and especially drivable (mine wasn't when i got it) is
worth it's value.  the keyword being value in selling price.  parts are
available if you don't mind a little wait.  i just got pistons from
london, england and i live in colorado usa.
larry@ehc.org

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
TechTool.gif]