Re: 3.7 or 4.1 Rear End

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3.7 or 4.1 Rear End
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:04:52 -0600
Steve:

The 4.1 ratio rear end is rarer than the OD gearbox!! So keep on looking
for the OD.

My TR3A has the 4.1 with OD and it's great. It apparently came that way
from the factory (or at least the dealership!!!), but I have put in an
all-synchro 'box. Years ago I also ran a TR4 with 4.1, although without
the OD (see above!!). It was definitely not nearly as nice on the
highway!! Myself, I kinda like the TR4-6 'box + OD and would keep that
'box rather than do a 5-speed conversion. IMHO of course.

Dave Q.