Re: LBC rust

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, "triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC rust
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:41:38 -0500
Mark Hooper wrote :::

> It is one of the saddest things in the world that we have to deal with
rust
> prevention on cars that leaked more oil when new than they ever burned.
>
> In Quebec I drove my TR6 for 2 winters. The salt destroyed the wings and
> started me on a total rebuild. However the leaking oil so totally coated
the
> underside and rear valence that the places where most cars rot out (the
> lower rear panels and valence) are completely rust free.
A few years back while having money and vacation times I spent quite a bit
of time in the "Carribbean Islands", almost all of the taxis on those island
were covered underneath with a mixture of sand & oil, they even pulled the
door panels off and plastered this concoction inside the doors, must have
worked quite well they held up against the salt air & water for many, many
years, also outside of the U/S market the largest remaing Model "A" Fords
are South America and they have the same pracitce of rust proofing there.
"FT"