Kwiklift car lifts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kwiklift car lifts
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:41:44 -0800 (PST)
I was kind of skeptical the first time I saw one of these too.

But then I looked a little closer . . .and it doesn't seem like such a bad
thing.  Perhaps a little expensive . . . but it might have its place in the
market.

Some of us don't have the headroom for a "real" lift.
And lifting the wheels 20" is a good bit better than I can do with my floor
jack.  (at least in one operation anyway)  I suppose that would put the frame
at about 25" on our cars.

Speaking of our cars . . . I'm not so sure those big cradle jacks that lift an
entire end or side of your car are actually low enough to get under the frame.

Also if you look closely . . . this little ramp lift actually comes with a
cross beam.  So you could use a bottle jack to lift the car off its wheels.
when you need to do that kind of work.

One negative in my book is the fact that once raised up on the ramps . . . your
only access under the vehicle is from the front or back . . you can't slide
under the sides.

Another is that even though they show it folded down on the floor so that you
could drive in and park on it daily.. . . in the text description it seems like
You'd have to do some dissassembly to put in in this position.  I suppose when
you want to use it as a lift . . you'd back the car off it,  raise the front
end (like really long ramps) drive up on it and then use your jack to raise the
back.

If they dropped the price a good bit. . . I'd consider getting one.
I'd want to test drive it first though.

Scott Tilton
In Sunny Leesburg, VA