Tr3a fuel problem - continued

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tr3a fuel problem - continued
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:05:08 -0500
Okay, first off hi all and thanks for the advice up to now.

I hooked up the fuel pump and tried to use it to get fuel to the carbs and
after filling the sediment bowl half way had no further luck.

So, the saga continues and with the help of very helpful fellow lister, let
me borrow his newly rebuilt pump.  I hooked it u and still no joy. Unhooked
it from the block and tried to hand pump it. Still no luck.

To add further details, I laid out 5/16" steel fuel line from the tank to
the juction on the frame at the front of the car. I then ran a flex hose to
a 1Gallon gas can that was by the passenger rear wheel.

Someone mentioned that feeding this pump is as much gravity as suction and
the gas level must be approximately the level of the fuel pump, so it sort
of siphons gas. Any comments to this statement?  If so then I need the get
the gas can up and higher then the pump.

Thinking I may have a blockage in the new fuel line I blew 60psi into the
line to clear it so I know it is clean.

Tonight I will be trying to run the flex line to the pump and have the can
by the drivers front wheel. Any bets on this helping?

Thanks
Signed fustrated
A.K.A David Templeton
'59 TR3a - TS54226L