12 Universal Truths

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 12 Universal Truths
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:50:01 -0700
Dear Listers,
    i don't know about you, but lately the winter doldrums have hit hard! it's
tough to
get excited about our great hobby when the snow continues to fall and a
project car
is nearing completion.
    with that in mind, i thought i'd offer to re-hash some old threads that
have been
around as long as Bud Rolofson's ill temper.....
1. Dashpot Oil--you should use the heaviest liquid you can find. studies show
that
    a "mud-type" consistency protects all those internal sensitive
components.
2. Tire Sizes--get the biggest darn tires you can find! SIZE DOES MATTER!
whether
    you can turn a corner or not is irrelevant.
3. Best Suppliers--i strongly recommend buying wal-mart products and MAKING
them
    fit. it's worked for Bud a long time, it should work for you.
4. What Color Should I Paint My Masterpiece?--truth is, no one really cares.
5. Best Mufflers--we don' need no stinkin' mufflers! do any of you remember
the
    awesome sound of CHERRY BOMBS? keep the kids on the block running!
6. Biggest Drivers of TR6's--man, this thread verified i ain't the only one
bored!
7. What Brake "Fluif" Do I Use?--get your hands on some silicon 7. it doesn't
peel
    paint, it keeps the pedal fresh-smelling, and it's great over a salad!
8. Does Anyone Really Believe There's a Charles Runyan?--yep, just look behind
the
    curtain, Dorothy!
9. Polyurethane or Rubber?--save yer money and remove all the fancy,
schmancy,
    padding! you want a lil racer or a wallowing caddy? it ain't fun til it
hurts!
10. Best Stereo for TR6's--get one everyone admires and is impressed with. be
    sure to add a big bass box, it'll slow down the thieves as they run away.
11. Best Battery--get a battery so big you have to modify the engine
compartment
    for it. one of the huge honkin' 18-wheeler jobs that'll shock the crap out
of you
    when you put the ignition key in.
12. Overdrive, Should I?--no, absolutely not! your role in this hobby is to
insure
    the rest of us have access to the IMPORTANT stuff. you should go without
    for at least 5 years, therefore putting yourself in a better position to
really
    APPRECIATE the cool stuff.

    the above are offered as 12 universal truths. if i've missed a favorite of
yours,
pls chime in. as a sign of solidarity, i'd like to suggest we vote on adopting
these
as a charter for this group. i'd be glad to tally the votes if everyone will
send me
a dollar.
     and if you'd like, send me 5 dollars and i'll respond to all of Bud's
"offerings"
to keep him happy, relieving you of the chore.
hugs and kisses,
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6