Re: anti theft ideas>Lojack

To: kmr@pil.net, ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anti theft ideas>Lojack
From: Volare340@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:50:16 EST
If you love it, get Lojack.  $600, one-time charge, 95% recovery rate in the
big metro areas.  If they don't locate it within 72 hours (I think it's $72),
they also refund the $600.  It's transferable when you sell the car too.

Here's how it works - it lays dormant somewhere on your vehicle, staying
charged hooked into your electrical system.  (I suggest if you get it watch
where they install it.  They really don't want you to know where it is, but
you can look, and who knows, you might want to disconnect it one day).  If
your car is stolen, you call the police, tell them you have Lojack, and give
them your VIN.  A signal goes out looking for your Lojack unit.

I have it on my Ford Explorer.  We were upside down (owed more than it was
worth) for a long time on that SUV, and if it was ever stolen I would have to
make up the difference to the finance company.  So I got it.  I don't know if
I would put it on my $5,000 TR6, but I feel better about leaving the Ford
outside.

Sorry for the long one.

Tom K
1974 TR6