RE: TR3A Wiring question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Wiring question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:47:22 -0800
Randall babbled :

> The inline fuse added
> protection to the wiring to the taillamps, license light, parking
> lamps, and
> dash lamps.  Why (or even if) it was "fitted USA only", I have no
> idea.  (If
> someone else does know, please chime in.)

It occurs to me I wasn't clear here.  The factory owner's manual "Practical
Hints ..." contains the "fitted USA only" notation, so Ray (and TRF) are
entirely correct about that.  My question is whether the fuse really was
fitted only for USA bound cars (and if so, why).

BTW, if anyone would like a scan of the wiring diagram from the 4th ed of
Practical Hints (which shows the fuse but not the rheostat), let me know.
It's a little over 100k.

Randall