RE: courtesy and thanks to all

To: Billtr4@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: courtesy and thanks to all
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:19:04 -0800
Bill :

When you do a reply to the list, you have to remove (edit out) the trailer.
I'm not certain what the easiest way to do this in AOL's client is, but
usually you can just move the mouse cursor to the beginning of the text,
press and hold the left button while you move the mouse to the end of the
block you want to delete, then release the mouse button and press the
'Delete' key on the keyboard.

This is the list administrator's way of encouraging us to remove any other
original text that is not necessary to keep the meaning of the reply clear.

Another solution (if your client allows it) is to simply select "When
replying, do not include original message text".  But then of course, your
reply has to be clear as to what point you are responding to, otherwise
people won't know what you're talking about.

Randall