Please help: Brake diagnosis needed

To: <owner-6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Please help: Brake diagnosis needed
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:31:47 -0500
I took my TR6 for a test drive after doing some work recently on the
brakes only to discover that something very bad is still wrong with my
car.  Recently (as in weeks), I replaced the following:  brake master,
all brake hoses, rear brake lines.  Initially everything appeared fine,
but after about three miles I realized that my brakes were binding.  I
wasn't sure which ones, but I did jack up the rear wheels and loosened
the brake adjusters and verified that my parking brake cable was not too
tight.  I then sat for 30 minutes while the brakes cooled off enough for
me to go home.

When I got home I realized the problem still existed and jacked up the
car only to discover that none of the wheels would turn freely.  I
disconnected the hose to the master servo to make sure that that
pressure was released.  Whether it was the time that had elapsed or the
removal of the hose I'm not sure, but at this time the rear wheels would
turn, but the front wheels remained frozen.

I then cracked the front brake line at the master reservoir and that
allowed the front wheels to turn freely.

However, now I sit with a car that is basically not drivable and wonder
what to suspect?  Even thought the brake master is brand new, I cannot
think of any other culprits that would cause all four brakes to tighten
up and prevent mobility.

Ideas and theories welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

R. Ashford Little II