re: hood lock question

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: hood lock question
From: "William Hooper" <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:31:47 +0000 FILETIME=[87A77390:01C1CFD0]
Cc: larry@ehc.org
I believe the ones that came from BL were much like drawer locks from the
hardware store.  The keyhole fascia (or whatever you call it) was round, & a
little smaller than a quarter.  A stubby stamped steel arm, which did the
locking part by rotating in or out of interference with the hood latches,
was attached at the back.  A hole about thumb size was drilled above or to
the side of each hood latch, the lock inserted there.

The result was:
A GT6 hood with two more holes in it
A GT6 hood with 2 new visual details:  keyhole fascia on either side like on
a Coke machine.

If the locks hadn't been visible from the outside & altered the looks of the
car, I would have installed them.  I toyed for a while with the idea of
trying to make the BL badges on the side of mine (GT6 MkIII) moveable to
somehow conceal locks, but that just added up as too much weird work.

Original message follows:
one of you great guys said that bonnet locks were an option on the
triumph (mine a 72 gt6) suggesting to check with trf or vb.   sure
enough in vb catalog sg.35 on page 50 they list hood lock set part
#9-9052 for 62-80 spitfire and gt6.  only $18.  question is - where and
how to they mount ?  does anyone know ?
thanks !  larry@ehc.org