Re: Brake problem resolved?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Brake problem resolved?
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:42:11 -0500
> Message text written by "R. Ashford Little II"
> >Randall, I believe I have proven I can overlook the obvious, but last
> night I removed the MC and attempted to tighten down the nut on the
> actuating rod while holding the rod to prevent it from turning.  This
> proved fruitless so I was wondering what other item I may be
> overlooking?
> <
>
> At this point I would have to have a look at one.  Anyone out there with
> recent experience?
>
> Dave

Ashford:

I don't believe your are missing anything other than the threads probably
being frozen. I am looking at a brake booster actuating rod as I write. A
5/16" socket and a good grip on the rod when the rod is pushed out from the
booster with the brake pedal should do it, if not perhaps a soaking with
your choice of penetrating oil and some heat without too much rubber
damaging heat will break it loose.

Brooks