RE: international shipping

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: international shipping
From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:45:32 -0500
I disagree. If someone is selling something on Ebay, then he should post the
shipping price regardless of the actual cost. If he is a vendor, I hope he
has more than one client a day. Otherwise he should close up shop. In my
case...I sell on Ebay regularly and when a person wins an auction. I get
his/her address, pack the item, go to the post office and get the shipping
cost and email it to the person. Once the payment is recieved(or sometimes I
just send the part first), I then return to the post office and ship the
part. That's 2 trips. Why? Because the post office will give you different
prices everytime. Has it come to the point that people are using 9-11 as an
excuse to rip people off? I for one is very pleased when I sell something on
Ebay to a person that obviously owns an LCB. Bob French send me kidney pads
for my TR-6 at NO CHARGE!!! And to boot!!! I'm in Canada. International. Now
that is a gentlemen. The guy that send Dixie the part at $27.00 shipping is
a crock. Sorry. And if distance is a problem...then gather a few packages at
a time and go to the postal outlet. Famous proverb, "Killing 2 birds with
one stone." Imagine if the guy HAD 10 packages to ship. That is $270.00!!!
for $20.00 worth of parts.

I always believed that the US has the best customer service I have ever
seen. It is too bad that one rotten apple condemns the whole basket. I am
sure that this is an isolated case and there are more honest people then
crocked ones.

Cheers,

Patrick