Re: international shipping

To: <CARIBOULH@aol.com>, <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: international shipping
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 04:56:19 -0000
A valid point made here regarding handling charges on eBay items.

I do appreciate that International post cannot be just posted in a standard
mail box it is the same here in UK. However if a vendor is running a
business, and time is money, then numerous items should be presented for
posting at the Post Office all at one time. The net cost would therefore be
split across the items.

In my particular instance the vendor was charging an additional charge for
packaging but refused to package a more economical way for postage
calculation. His attitude surprised me as he advertised 'international
shipping' and should have known the alternatives prior to advertising.

This vendor clearly had an attitude problem and was probably disappointed at
the auction result of only 2 bucks. I am pleased to say that in my
experience other eBay vendors have been very helpful with the shipping
alternatives.

Just another 2 pence worth of ramblings.

Adrian TR4A CT64306 O