Fw: Ebay, Re: international shipping

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Ebay, Re: international shipping
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:05:21 -0600
Cc: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>, <CARIBOULH@aol.com>
I too have been bitten by the eBay sellers that are making money on
shipping. I have bought and sold a fair amount over the last year, and sold
a bunch of stuff recently.  I used to take the boxed items to UPS with the
addresses and get the rates. I was amazed that the prices were different
when I went back to ship, and tired of all the driving. I now have a scale
at home, weigh them and figure UPS and USPS shipping costs over the web, and
charge the higher of the 2. I'm quite a ways from a post office and farther
from UPS, so I ship from either depending on where I am that day, and I
don't worry about the cost. If one is much higher than the other, which does
happen, I quote the lower and I'll hold that package until I can get it to
that shipper. If an item requires special packaging, like the purchase of
bubble wrap, I consider that a legit shipping cost and include that in the
shipping cost. I scrounge all my boxes from work. This is as fair as I can
get it without it being a total inconvenience.

Bob Kramer
rgk@flash.net

As