RE: Cold and screaming tach (TR3)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cold and screaming tach (TR3)
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 06:49:58 -0800
Ed :

I've used grease that has moly in it, with good success.  However, it may be
time to just replace the cable, if it was that loud.  Take the fitting off
the back of the tach, and pull out the core of the cable.  Clean and inspect
it for any broken strands.  If you find any, order a replacement.  Then
lightly coat the entire length with moly grease and reinstall.  You may have
to turn it a little with your fingers to get it to slide home.  Wipe away
the excess grease before reattaching to the tach.  It's kind of a messy job,
so put some newspapers down on your carpets, and have lots of rags or paper
towels handy.  Might as well do the speedo cable too, while you're at it.

Randall