Re: Cold and screaming tach (TR3)

Subject: Re: Cold and screaming tach (TR3)
From: Joe Curry <>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:30:11 -0700
> while attending some meeting. It was about 20 degrees out. When I went to
> start the "3" all was fine, as usual, except the tach was screamin' a loud
> whining noise from the cable. Also the needle jumped around a bit. It did
> finally settle down. What may be the list opinion, especially, some of you
> northern folk. Should I lube the fitting, cable, both? Light oil or grease?
> Any recommendations appreciated.
> Best Regards,
> Ed ('58 TR3A)

Get some graphite cable lube (comes in small tubes) and squirt it into the
cable housing.  It should clear it up.  You probably have some moisture in
the housing that is trying to freeze.

/// mailing list
///  To unsubscribe send a plain text message to
///  with nothing in it but
///     unsubscribe triumphs
///  or try