clutch shaft taper pin

To: Stephen <jsellis@shaw.ca>
Subject: clutch shaft taper pin
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:16:24 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Stephen
>I'm sure this has probably been discussed a million times ,but being new
to the list I'm not in the know! Broken pin ...What now? Any quick and easy
fixes  out there?Thanks.
  Stephen Ellis  TR3a  '60
<

Yup.  The quick fix is to pull the transmission and... um well, there is no
quick fix.  You gotta pull the transmission.  Once that is out you have the
option of having the fork welded to the shaft (if you want to be someone
else's DPO) or you can drill a small hole opposite fromt he bolt, drive out
the remnants and replace with a new pin, or you can replace the pin and add
a roll pin at another point on the fork, or devise your own fix.  But
whatever you do you have to pull the transmission.

I guess you could cut a big hole in the bottom of the bell housing...
naaah

Sorry about the bad news.

Dave