Re: What am I looking for?

To: twr@fc.hp.com
Subject: Re: What am I looking for?
From: James V Laviana III <jimmad@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:36:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Todd, I just finished rebuilding my fourth Tr tranny and on all of these
something required replacing. I generally replace all gaskets and seals
and bearings plus syncros as a matter of course. Then inspect the lay
shaft for needle bearing galling and all the gears for chipped teeth,
they should all be as near sharp as possible, but through use there will
be some wear or most teeth on the forward edges. Be careful of cracks in
the web ot the 1&2nd hub and the 3rd&4th hub. The reverse idler is
usually chipped. On the top end the forkes are usually worn to some
degree. Always check thrust washer thickness and other dimensions per the
manual. Just take your time, it's not rocket science.