RE: TR2 - converting to negative earth

To: Knut Skoglund <knut@skoglund.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR2 - converting to negative earth
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:19:42 -0800
Knut :

The conversion is easy, see
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/negative-ground.html

Basically, assuming you don't have any positive ground accessories already
installed, you switch the connections to the battery, ammeter, and ignition
coil; then repolarize the generator and you're done.

There are also electronic devices available that will let you safely use
your CD player while keeping the car positive ground.  See for example
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=5126&BQ=jcw2

Randall