Re: Oiling Tool for the Trunions

To: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oiling Tool for the Trunions
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:48:53 -0500
A commercially available alternative can be found at your local Mercury
Marine dealer (and probably others)...

http://www.mercurymarine.com/cgi-bin/mercprod/MercuryHome/Templates/DotComTe
mplate.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=no&ParentID=194&page_id=646&ProdID=50&Area=Precisi
on%20Lubricants&BV_SessionID=@@@@0609909995.1017182484@@@@&BV_EngineID=ladcd
jdgghfibedcfececjf.0

Scroll to the bottom of the page for a pic of their lube gun.

Drawback is that, as far as I could tell, their lubricants aren't
appropriate for our cars, but the only tube that fits the gun is one of
theirs (i.e. Special Lubricant 101). I bought the lube and emptied it into
my waste oil container. Then I cut the bottom off of the tube, filled it
with GL4, folded over the open end and clipped it with a clothespin (you DO
remember clothespins, don't you?). Screw the other end into the gun and
you're all set.

Works very well, flex rubber hose with grease fitting, no leaks (well, it IS
a Triumph, but the GUN was fine!). As I recall, about $10 for the gun, $3 or
so for the lube I threw out.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry