Re: BL badges

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BL badges
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:13:48 +1100 FILETIME=[AB30AD60:01C1D5DC]
John Macartney wrote:

>Ref the recent post from a lister seeking lower wing badges.
>I immediately checked my own cars to find the '74 2000 has the
>originals - entirely smooth to the touch, while the 2.5PI with
>replacement badges I fitted within the last month has the logo and
>letters slightly proud.

So, the English built Triumph saloons had the same 'BL' fender badge as the
TR6s did? I wasn't aware of this as all Australian manufactured Triumph
saloons had the an 'AMI' (Australian Motor Industries) badge there instead,
I never paid too much attention to that area on pictures of English built
saloons. FWIW my Australian manufactured 2000 has the AMI badge.

I would very much like to find a source for new versions of the AMI badges,
as mine are very tired looking, but I doubt that a source exists...

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4
69' 2000