TR250 Pilot "bearing"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 Pilot "bearing"
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 06:37:37 -0800
Cc: dmb993@earthlink.net
>  I'm looking for a source for a true pilot bearing (roller/needle bearing)
>  to use in place of the stock bronze bushing used in our TR250/TR6's
>  flywheel to tranny input shaft. Does anyone know of a replacement part?
Not to shoot you down, but he input shaft is probably not hardened enough
to use this kind of bearing, unless you get one with an inner and outer
bearing race/sleeve.  I don't know off-hand if there is one, but if you use
one that has the bearings riding directly on the shaft it will wear the
shaft down quite rapidly -