Re: TR2 to neg ground http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "lou" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Subject: Re: TR2 to neg ground http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:24:09 GMT
>Fred, what polarity is your Model A?  If it is negative ground then that
>supports my theory that the switch to negative ground is to "go with the
>flow" and since the 'murican's were negative ground it made sense to
>switch.  That way all the radio's could be the same, all the other
>electronics could be the same and jump starting cars lead to fewer
>suprizes.

Many American cars were positive ground.  When the big change came in USA cars,
they changed from positive-ground 6-volt to negative-ground 12-volt.  Guys like
my dad thus equate the voltages and polarities with each other.  Dad wanted
to know how come my Midget was 12 volt if it was positive-ground.

Either way, it still started his Suburban when it needed it one dark night.
 The Suburban returned the favor one rainy day.  Since the vehicles were not
touching each other...

Phil Ethier