"Fletchampstead Flossie"

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Fletchampstead Flossie"
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:45:37 -0000
"Flossie" and I completed 250 miles to London and back over the last
two days. She arrived here on Sunday, promptly receiving a bath and a
polish which latter exercise revealed a few extra Green Mallard
blemishes - but nothing too serious.
Then we did a fleet photograph!
Did some serious trundling down the M40 motorway at a steady 65mph in
which the 'sip' rate was around 28mpg. There's a defective Lumenition
module (just the same as on CG) so that's going over the hedge and
it'll be back to points and condenser on both cars. In all other
departments, much like any other 2000. The usual "i'erent faults" in
that it's a bit 'whirry' to get going quickly in first gear, the quill
shaft 'clonk' is alive and well, the axle has the usual but nicely
tuned whine - but in that respect, why should she be any different
from many other Triumphs? <g>
On the plus side, the seats are supremely comfortable, the overdrive
works perfick and I'm finding the inclination for an imperious stare
at lesser automotive mortals (Rover P6 and Marinas) still hasn't
diminished over the years. Screenwipers give a better sweep than on
CG - and all in all, its nice to be home again.
FWIW, "Flossie's" now at her new home and is available for listers who
want UK transport on vacation this year. A website URL
will be advised in due course.

Jonmac
1950 Ferguson TED20 152318
1970 Triumph 2.5PI MG4305DL(O)