TR6 Wood Dash?

To: Bob Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Subject: TR6 Wood Dash?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:29:11 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6 list <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Bob Greene
>    So when did Bentley & Haynes get together to write a comedy? I
reviewed both books to reference the removal of the wood dash on my 76
TR6. After reading both manuals. I thought "sounds pretty straight
forward" NOT!
    Any one got BTDT tips?
<

Hey!  Show a little respect!  Uncle Milty only died yesterday!

Let's see, removing the wood dash on a TR6.  As I recall, you have to
remove the two big gauges, all the switches (lights, wipers, emergency
flashers) and the 5 or 7 screws and the wood dash should pull away from the
metal support behind (the small gauges will come with it).  If it doesn't
move then I'll bet the glue for the vinyl is holding it.

You can pull the small gauges off first or fold the dash forward and then
remove them.

What did the manuals say?

Dave Massey
71 TR6 (dash replaced about 10 years ago)