Re: Which cam?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Which cam?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:44:22 -0000
Hi Greg
I would suggest the stock 150 bhp cam from the injected models, the reason I
say this is that it meets with your spec quite nicely, 9.5:1 is the stock
cr, the injected engines pull from just above idle, (I'm not sure if this is
helped by the large diameter throttle bodies meaning you get lots of air),
and as for the idle, mine will idle at an indicated 500 rpm without
excessive wobble or trying to die all the time.
I have to point out that I have not tried any other cams for this engine,
but it is a fairly radical cam, 0.340"lift and 270 deg duration Don't
forget, much more lift requires non standard springs and caps for the
valves. There is a lot of info on the different cams available for the 6 Cyl
engines (and tuning them in general) at,
http://www.kvaleberg.com/t_tune.html#camshaft this is the 2000 2500  2.5PI
register site. Have a look.

HTH
Graham.