RE: Silly TR3a question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Silly TR3a question
From: "ATT" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:47:30 -0800
Ed :

25 amp (American) will work fine for both.  The difference is in the rating
system, Lucas vs American.  According to an old equivalence chart from Buss,
it actually takes a 35 amp American fuse to replace the Lucas 50 amp that
was specified for the horn fuse on TR2/3/early A.  (The factory
recommendation changed around 1960.)  However, I've used a 25amp Buss fuse
for my original horns for many years, and never had any trouble with
nuisance blowing.

Randall

Copied long ago from the Jag lover's web site :

Simon S. Johnson sends the following data: "...the source: a
1974 edition of "Buss Fuse Car and Truck List" which has on the
back cover a section call "Foreign Car Fuse Replacement Data," -- foreign
to the US, that is. It states that "English standards differ from US
standards.  This accounts for difference in ampere ratings." Then it
provides a list:

                English Type    Buss Replacement
                50 amp          AGC 30
                35 amp          AGC 25