Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#1816822695: TR2 TRANS W\OD.

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#1816822695: TR2 TRANS W\OD. ORIG. MILLAGE LESS THAN 8,000
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 20:25:51 -0000
Hi Bill
I don't know about the TR2 box but it looks not unlike a box from the 2000
Saloons, TR6, Dolomite Sprint, Stag etc except the large flat cast on the
side of the casing. And that weld, looks more like rabbit droppings stuck to
the top of the metal, in the photo it appears you can see the edge of the
bead. (may not be to bad in the flesh as it were). If it is as bad as it
looks in the photo, it would fail inspection at my work. (not talking CAA
spec either!)

Graham.