Re: History & a Mystery (long and possibly honing)

To: geohahn@ultrasw.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: History & a Mystery (long and possibly honing)
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:49:55 +1100 FILETIME=[F4F133D0:01C1D79D]
Geo Hahn wrote:

>The BMIHT indicated:
>
>Commission: CT/36536-L     Engine: CT/29938-E     Body: 'not recorded'
>
>Something strange seems to have happened -- perhaps before the car left
>Coventry.  The engine number is so similar that I wonder if the car was
>re-commissioned and in preparing the records the engine number was
>misread.
>
>To others who have obtained certificates for their TR4s... was your body
>number present on the cert or 'not recorded'.

Geo,

My TR4's BMHIT certificate had the body number listed. I won't even begin to
speculate as to why yours did not, but I would have my money on there being
a link between the large gap between body and commission numbers. My other
bet is on there being something to do with the car being sold new in Hawaii,
perhaps it was a 'special order' of some sort and did not take the standard
route down the production line???

FWIW my TR4's engine number is CT/23332 E and its body number is 24165/CT.
Your engine number is not far from mine but your Commission number is far
different (mine is CT/23641 O).

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O