[no subject]

To: <wallaces@superaje.com>
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:53:39 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim Wallace wrote:
At the risk of being perceived as cheeky, but really just out of
curiosity
- - why then would you suppose that my 1952 TEA20 come out of Banner
Lane
with 12v negative ground? Seems a very forward-looking move for
tractors,
which didn't really get into high-powered stereos until much more
recently.

Now there's an interesting dilemma that I won't even attempt to
explain. Probably tey were trying out different ideas and hoped the
farmers wouldn't notice? Interesting too to note that TEA's (according
to details I have for the UK market) were 6 volt positive earth for a
long time. My own TED20 1950 is both 6 and 12 volt depending which
side of the engine you're on ad its positive. Bill's 1954 TEF is 6
volt positive. You tell me <G>

Jonmac
1950 Ferguson TED20 152318
1970 Triumph 2.5PI MG4305DL(O)