Triumph Corvair connection

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph Corvair connection
From: "Wente" <dlwrew@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:27:34 -0600
Listers-

            My name is Rick and I have owned 4 Corvairs. There I said
it.

             I wrote to Doug Hamilton, off list I might add, to tell him
that I am still in recovery, but a slip is still possible. Two
Triumph-Corvair connections for me. When I had the last Corvair ragtop,
sometime around 1973, a good friend Tom Daly (Tom, where did you
disappear to?) gave me the keys to his TR4A-IRS, and said take a drive.
I did, and I knew that I was hooked, it was only a matter of time. Oh,
he also let me drive his Dunstall Norton Commando, a wonderful machine
from the golden age of cafi racing. I have achieved Triumph status,
obviously, and Im pleased at the consequences. (Why do you have 3
Triumphs? Because I cant afford 4 right now, of course!) The second
connection is that whenever I hear a Triumph owner whining about oil
leaks, I mutter under my breath that they dont know about oil leaks, as
in 6 cylinder, air cooled, 12 pushrod tubes, count them, and 24 O-rings,
that want to leak out of sheer cussedness.

As a rule, Triumph folks are great (thank you again, Dan Masters, for a
wonderful electrical manual), make wonderful friends (you all know who
you are, I think), form a unique club (Minnesota Triumphs, which leads
to a shameless plug for the VTR convention in Red Wing,
Minnesota----Come on out and enjoy the other season in Minnesota), and
can sometimes be described as being a few fries short of a happy meal,
no mention of names of previous owners. All this because of
counter-clockwise rotating crankshafts? Like I said about happy meals!