TR6 haz swt and wires

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 haz swt and wires
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 09:05:50 -0800 (PST)
I must give a public thanks to Jan Dawson who helped to put me on the right
track of fixing my old hazard switch on my 1970 TR6 rather than by passing it
with a different lucas dash switch.

Fixing the switch turned out to be the easy part.

Fixing the wiring patches that had been done on the past was the pain.
What an incredible mess.
So many snipped wires and crimped connectors and  . . . oh gosh was a mess.

I'm not making things much better by replacing some of the bulb holders with
ones snipped off an old TR4 harness.  The TR6 ones were failing in mass.  The
TR4 ones still looked fine.  (this is becoming a theme . . head light adjusters
last week, bulb holders this week)

I even had my wife tracing wiring diagrams for me:
"Honey, I've got a black and green striped wire here that doesn't go to
anything.  Can you see if you see one on the diagram?"

Speaking of crimped connectors. . . I've started using these "posi-lock" screw
together connectors.  Please don't tell me they are garbage cause I love them.
I detest those crimped on connectors.  http://www.posi-lock.co.uk/

And finally, I have installed a lucas windshield wiper switch in the spot that
the windshield WASHER switch was.

The original Clear Hooters one is so fragile, I'm amazed it still works.
I feared that my wife or anyone else would break it with a finger stab rather
than gingerly toggling it.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Happy Easter.

Scott Tilton