A beautiful day for a drive.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A beautiful day for a drive.
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 08:47:32 -0800 (PST)
I can bear witness to the great day for motoring here in Virginia that FT
testified to.

I started off mucking with things electrical.

Soon my wife came to persude me to emjoy the day by using the car rather than
fixing it.

Within an hour I had patched back together the wires and dash and had made
things better than when I started. We headed west out of Leesburg towards
Winchester.

We drove the old Rt. 7 that winds between all the little towns up here and then
headed north to a friends farm in Round Hill, VA.

The friend wasn't there so we played with his dog and said hello to one of his
horses (the other one was gone so he was out enjoying a ride too.)  Old Jackson
was very curious about the TR6 . . . he'd make a good watch horse.

We headed back South and then East to Purcellville, VA where we searched around
and eventually found Cantab Motors, the USA distributor of Morgans.

There we ambled around and looked at the side screen cousins of the TRs and
their newer siblings.  It wasn't offically open, but the guy working there
didn't seem to care if we looked around at all the stuff they had.

Afterwards we headed a little southeast and cruised down a wonderful little
road called the Snickersville Turnpike which dropped us off at an old mill in
the town of Aldie.

I gotta tell you it was so picture pefect I couldn't help but thinking it would
make a great basis for a scenic tour like they put together at the VTR
conventions.

(Not that I'm volunteering to host one mind you)

If anyone is ever in the neighborhood of the intersections VA, WV, MD, PA
and is looking for a good drive. . . let me know and I'll set you on the right
track.

Scott Tilton
Exploring Northen VA in a TR6.