Re: "year correct" decal/plate

To: bobpcc88@mindspring.com ("Bob French"), triumphs@autox.team.net ("Triumphs")
Subject: Re: "year correct" decal/plate
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:13:07 -0400
Bob French wrote: "...73TR6 (CF10688U)...Atop the drivers side front wheel
well, inside the engine compartment, are two
holes that look like rivets holes for something akin to a commission plate.
Checked every book and person I can find and no one seems to know what went
there.  Best guess so far is a "decal" for engine smog calibrations, but no one
is certain...so, on a 73 TR6
  1.  What goes there, and
  2.  Where can I get one?"

My guess answer is found in your question. UK TR6 owners might be able to shed
more light on this, but perhaps that is the location for the commission number
plate on "non-Federal" cars (where the commission number plate was moved to the
LHS "B" post)? Therefore, nothing goes there on a "Federal" TR6?

--Andy Mace