Mystery tabs in trunk?

To: stantr6@bellsouth.net, triumphs@autox.team.net 18, 2001) at 04/22/2002 04:22:12 PM
Subject: Mystery tabs in trunk?
From: David J Stauffacher <dstauffa@csc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:15:59 -0700
Hi Stan,

I can help clear up the mystery around those tabs in the trunk.  They are
for securing the cardboard trunk liner on petrol injected models.  The fuel
pump sits on the rear of the left wheel well, so the liner had a couple of
90 degree bends to go around it.

I'm not sure about the other hole.  My car has a hole on the battery deck
in the corner where the deck, firewall and foot well wall meet.  But it has
nut heat welded to it as it is used to secure one end of the dash facia
stay bar.  (RHD cars)

Hope this helps.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 CP51649  (RHD PI)

The two questions are regarding my 1974 TR6.

1. - In the trunk, there are two metal tabs that don't appear to be for
anything; one is on the left upper floor (not on the spare tire
compartment) and one is on the left side.  The side tab is set at an angle.
Both tabs are approx. 1" square with a 1/4" hole.

2. - There is a slightly concave section on either side of the battery
deck, under where the steering column goes, just inside where the deck
raises up to go over the foot wells.  On the driver"s (left) side, there is
a 1/4" hole in that area, next to the foot well wall.  Inside the footwell
area, there is a grounding tab under the hole.  There was a suggestion that
this hole was for the oil pressure line, but it is too small for the
fitting; and mainly, it is horizontal.  Got a plug/grommet set from TRF,
nothing for this hole in it, and they didn't know about the hole.  Finally,
the hole is definitely factory-made; the slightly curved deck has a
flattened area around this hole.

What are the tabs for?
What is the hole for ?

Thanks,