Re: Wheels and more?

To: Rob Wick <>
Subject: Re: Wheels and more?
From: Joe Curry <>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:45:23 -0700
I have found that with the proper offset and coupled with very low profile
tires, 6" wide wheels can be used without modification.  I used a set of
alloys that originally were on a TR8 for a while.  They had a backspace of 4"
and had no clearance problems when using tires 20" tall.

Rob Wick wrote:
> I am in the process of buying a 1500 Spitfire or a GT6 and I subscribe to the
> anything goes method of classic car owning.With that in mind i was wondering
> if anyone could tell me what the biggest set of wheels and low profile tyres
> people have used on the spitfire/GT6  without modding the wheel arches and if
> this caused any problems. Also any mods that people have found to offer a
> performance gain without the engine swaps etc would be greatfully recieved.Oh
> and has anyone fited bucket seats and if so were there problems fitting them
> in??
> Cheers Rob

/// mailing list
///  To unsubscribe send a plain text message to
///  with nothing in it but
///     unsubscribe triumphs
///  or try