Re: TR-3A: Clutch pedal extension needed

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: TR-3A: Clutch pedal extension needed
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:59:07 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John:

When I bought my TR3 restoration project, the clutch peddle had an
extension that was bolted onto the peddle.  I always assumed that the
previous driver (most likely from 20 years ago) either had a short
leg or had a back problem as you describe.  I don't know if I still
have the extension but will look.  Basically, it was two flat pieces
of metal slightly shaped to resemble the curve of the peddle,
connected/welded in the middle by another piece of metal. If looking
at it from the side it looked like an "I".  The one end had two holes
drilled through the plate and corresponding holes drilled through
the clutch peddle. The unit was then bolted to the clutch peddle,
providing about 2-3" of extension on the peddle.

I'll email you if I can find (still have) the piece.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3