water-pump failure...

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: water-pump failure...
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 09:09:33 -0700 (PDT)
Did you by chance smack the pump shaft with a hammer to get off the pulley
or replace same?

This will foul up the seal in short order.

To quote another lister, "Ask me how I know."

:^)

-jeffrey

p.s. been in lurk mode lately. Bought a new ( to me ) daily driver
street\family car, an '87 Volvo 245 with a 5-speed. I've been having a
ball fiddling with it and robbing parts of Volvo turbo cars to put on it.
Drove the TR 4 for the first time in a month yesterday and it felt like a
torpedo every time a took off.