Re: flushing

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: flushing
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 23:33:30 -0500
Cc: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, <tr6nut@telocity.com>, "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
>> I don't know, Dave.  That Slick-50 Man-Tran stuff really worked to nuke
the
>> LSD that some moron put in my Europa, so I'm going to say 1.5 for 15
ain't
>> too bad.
>>
>> Oh, you mean most people don't WANT their LSD to stop functioning?
>
>Only if you are having a "Bad Trip"  :)

When you are on an autocross course in a Europa in which some fool has
installed a clutch-pack-type limited-slip, the "bad trip" you take is
head-on into a pylon.  The front end of a Europa is so light that the effect
of such an LSD unit is almost indistinguishable from that of a locked rear
end.

The mass distribution of a Europa makes LSD unnecessary and LSD raises havoc
in the tight corners often encountered in USA autocrossing.

I imagine that most Triumphs having LSD units are the better for it.  The
mass distribution is quite different, making wheelspin whilst cornering a
potential problem.  My (I hope) cure for that on the TR4 will be a front
sway bar.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org